I just completed my 2nd week back at work. It’s been hard to leave Elena, but she is adjusting so well to daycare, and that makes it a lot easier. She sleeps well while there (something Liam never did as a baby) and seems content with her new surroundings. I wish she would eat more than 3 oz at a time, but that is still way better than Liam ever did away from me. It was a fight to get him to drink 1-2 ounces in a single day while at daycare! So while I’d prefer to be home with my little ones every day, I’m pleased with how things are going.
- Elena still has not mastered rolling, but she is getting so close! Her daycare teachers even commented on how close she gets to doing it. It’s a 4 month milestone, so we still have time, and I’m in no rush!
- She is still such a happy girl, full of great big smiles for anyone who talks to her. I’m pretty sure I heard a laugh last week-end, too! I only heard it once, so I can’t be sure.
- She has been smiling a lot at Liam lately. It usually makes him giggle.
- She had a pediatric cardiologist appointment this week, and it went well! Her EKG was fine, and she weighed 11 lbs 10 oz and was 25.5″. They do think she still has SVT, but there is still time for her to outgrow it. If she hasn’t outgrown it by 18 months, then she will most likely have it the rest of her life. However, even if we think she has outgrown it by 18 months, we won’t know for sure whether she has until she is fully grown, as a lot of kids will go years without an episode and then have one.
Unfortunately, I have no pictures of Liam to add this time. He is not always very cooperative when the camera is out!
- Liam has made life very interesting these past couple of weeks! The other morning I thought he was playing in the living room while I got ready for work. When Nathan went in there to get him dressed, he couldn’t find him. We looked all over for him, both inside and outside the house, and still couldn’t find him. Finally, I heard a giggle coming from the laundry room (which we had already searched), and so I went in there, and the dryer door popped open! He had crawled inside and shut the door!
- He always wants to go outside. He gets quite angry when we can’t go out there with him.
- If Elena is crying, he will point to her and say “uh oh baby!” And then he’ll usually grab her pacifier. He also likes to get in her face and say “Hi baby!”
- He has started saying “oh” when we explain something to him (such as why he can’t do something), and he uses it in the right context. It’s so funny!