Here are the things that have been going on the past couple weeks!
- Elena is trying harder to grab at things. She has mastered the art of reaching out and touching things and batting at them, but still can’t quite maintain a grip on something she does manage to get.
- Last night I laid her next to me on the couch, and she managed to scoot, on her back, quite a ways away from me! She was pushing off with her feet against the back of the couch and my legs. This girl has places to go!
- She is trying very hard to roll from back to tummy. She can roll quite far on her side, but hasn’t made it all the way to her tummy yet.
- She is turning into a squirmy monkey! She is still much calmer than Liam was (he kicked nonstop). But she moves all the time these days!
- She loves to hang over our upper arm and observe her surroundings. She has also gotten really into the play mat. It’s the perfect opportunity to bat at dangling toys!
- She has discovered her tongue, and likes to stick it out.
- She has started chewing on things – she mostly chews on us!
- She sleeps like a champ. She will sleep anywhere and is usually able to put herself to sleep.
- She is growing! She can still wear 0-3 mos sizes, but she is now too long for some of her footed sleepers. I’ve put a couple 3-6 mos things on her, and they are big, but no bigger than putting 0-3 mos on a newborn. Some brands swallow her at that size though.
- She is a happy, happy girl!
- Liam has had a rough couple weeks. He has had a cold all month, and he was on an antibiotic for an ear infection. Well, that didn’t go over too well – he spit it out most of the time. He kept pulling on his ears and saying “owie”, and so I took him back to the doctor. As suspected, he did have an ear infection, but he also had pneumonia! I was not expecting that one, but we were glad we took him in. They put him on another antibiotic, and we managed to get him to take this one. He’s mostly better now, thank goodness. We do have to take him in on Friday to make sure his lungs are clear.
- One of his new favorite things to do is hide from us. He hides when it’s time for a bath or diaper change, or sometimes for no reason other than to have fun! Some of his favorite places are underneath or behind baby gear.
- He still loves pretending to drive our cars. If we go outside, he will stand by the car or SUV and beg for the keys. If he can’t get that, he will run out back to the shed and want in there. We have a slide in the back yard for him, and he does enjoy that, but he will only play on it for a few minutes before begging for the keys.
- He is starting to get a little jealous of Elena if I am holding her. If I’m holding her, then he wants held. If I put her down to hold him, he doesn’t care anymore. I’m sure this is all part of the adjustment period for him. He still seems to really love her though. He’s just not so sure about the sharing me part.
- His talking gets cuter all the time. The sentence of the week is “It’s a mess!” If something falls on the floor he will say “mess” and go get the broom. He’s quite the little neat freak! I’m sure his wife will appreciate that trait one day, assuming it continues. 🙂
I go back to work a week from today. I’m not looking forward to that at all. At all. *sigh*