This has been a very busy month. I’m back in the swing of things at work, and so life is always hectic on the evenings and week-ends. As expected with joining daycare, Elena has also picked up an upper respiratory infection, so we’ve been working around the clock to keep her breathing clearly. Finally, Liam has been getting his 2 year molars. He let me get a good look into his mouth the other day, and I saw one is all the way in, and 2 more are very close. That could explain why he has been a bit on the irritable side this past month, too.
Here are some updates on each child.
- Elena is still working on rolling, and is getting closer all the time. She decided to make it more challenging by working on rolling from back to tummy first, and she gets stuck on her arm. She’s gotten all the way over once or twice, but she still didn’t manage to get her arm out from beneath her.
- She sits assisted very well. I hear that she sits better than plenty of babies several months older! Her back is very straight and not wobbly at all. She does fall to the side though, so she isn’t quite ready for UNassisted sitting.
- She has become very vocal and loves to talk to people who talk to her. She carries on a regular conversation, but in baby-ese of course. I think we may have a talker on our hands!
- She currently weighs about 12 lbs 4 oz and can still wear some 0-3 months and some 3-6 months clothes. If it’s a dress, 3-6 months works better and if it’s pants, 0-3 months works better, but they fit her like capris instead of pants. In sleepers, she’s amazingly too long for a lot of her 3-6 month sizes if they are footed! But there is no possible way she can fit into 6-9 months because they would swallow her whole.
- She got to paint at daycare this week, and they say she absolutely loved it. She was squishing her fingers all in it!
- Her baby dedication was the day she turned 4 months – May 25. I’ll do a separate post about that, including a slide show photo montage I made.
- Her 4 month checkup is June 6.
- Liam is seeming more like a kid and less like a baby all the time, both in how he looks and the things he says. His new favorite question is “why?”. He questions everything . Why is the baby going in the car seat? Why are we using *that* blanket? If we are doing it, he wants to know why.
- He let me take a good look inside his mouth this week-end, and I saw that 1 of his 2-year molars is completely in, but he has 2 on the verge, so he’s been a little grumpy. He didn’t let me look long enough to tell if the 4th one is also coming in, already through, or if it’s still below the surface. I hope these pop in fast, and then I feel like celebrating the end of teething for him!
- We usually have to beg and plead with him to get him to eat anything at all, and even then he might eat 1-2 bites of something before he’s done. However, the past couple weeks he has been eating like crazy! For example, he ate 2 packs of oatmeal for breakfast yesterday, and he was still hungry and wanted his leftover pizza from the day before! He must be going through a growth spurt.
I’m never sure how to end these bullet-point updates! As mentioned, I’ll do another post soon featuring Elena’s dedication, and I hope to get them outside with my camera again soon, too. The weather has been really bad for taking pictures lately!