As I was listening to Elena’s contented babbles this morning, I realized I desperately need to do an update on her. She has changed so much this past month – it’s blowing my mind! Below is a snapshot of some of the things she’s learned to do lately.
- She rolls both directions very easily now. She’s been rolling to her tummy since since she was 4 months old, but she started rolling the other way closer to 5 months old.
- She is sitting. She started sitting without support a day or two after she turned 6 months old, and she is able to do it for longer periods of time each day.
- She is in the snatchy stage – if I am holding something, she takes it out of my hand and usually waves it around in the air. Often, but not always, it goes to her mouth.
- She has started banging things around – if she is holding a rattle, she will bang it on the table. She’ll also bang on things with her hands. I think she may have gotten that idea from big brother, who bangs on everything with a surface.
- She is babbling. It started a couple weeks ago with the “yiyiyiyiyi” sound. Now she is making the traditional “babababababa” sound and has even said “mama”!
- She concentrates so hard on things – she will furrow her brow and study something, and then she’ll get excited and start waving her arms and jerking her body around. I need to get that on video, because it’s hard to describe. Of course, as with most babies, when I try to take a video, the action comes to an abrupt halt.
- We had her 6 month checkup last week. She weighs 14 lbs 12 oz (20-25th %tile) and is 27.75″ (>98th %tile). Her head is in the 50th %tile.
I think that’s everything for now!